Monday 8 November 2010

Recap on fridays lecture.

I was speaking to my class mates today. We all agreed on something that was said in the lecture. A part came up where the designer spoke about the use of practical jewelry. Some of the things made seemed, well, totally the opposite; impractical. A piece was made using an iphone to show photos to an elderly person when an ornament was placed on a sensor. This seemed like a ridiculous idea. I'm eighteen years old and i'd much prefer to have sketchbooks or wallets filled sky high with all of my photographs instead of them sitting on the hard drive of my computer only ever viewed through the graininess of my computer screen. Technology is practical for a developing world. But should these old people really need to squint at a horrible little 3 and a half inch ipod screen to see us on holiday? Nope...

No comments:

Post a Comment