Monday 8 November 2010

Brainstormage: Assignment 1 and 2

Last week some other folks and I had a brainstorming session. We sat down in the media lab with some coloured pens and some sheets of paper. The plan was to ask everybody to bash out some ideas and thoughts on our chosen theme from the book 'The Tipping Point' by Malcolm Gladwell. I chose to write about a part of the book based on trends because it seemed most relevant to people my age. I started by saying I had a pair of shoes that wern't very cool 5 years ago but now everbody has a pair. What I was thinking was- is it actually the shoes that that were uncool or the idea of the shoes that wasn't very cool? Anyhow, with help from those guys, a bit of a mixed bunch, we managed to make a poster that makes me think about my theme from diffrent angles. During assignment 2 we were asked to create a poster discussing the ideas we had in the brainstorming session. My poster consisted of a shoe, that was the best shoe, that had worked its way up to the top of a tower of other older shoes. This illustrated the idea that we live in a throwaway society were our possessions are always being replaced with other newer things, like trainers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment