Monday 21 March 2011

Assignment Four: Interviews.

For assignment four we were asked to interview someone or a selection of people to put them in a situation where we could gather information. I began my investigation out with Uni I was at home and I interviewed a family friend; someone I'm not really in very close contact with. The question I chose to ask the subject was the question about. What thing do you treasure most. I was surprised when they answered this but it seemed very obvious when they said their dog. His dog is wired haired fox terrier, It 'pisses' and 'shits' everywhere he says but he doesn't seem to mind because he enjoys the fact that it's cheeky. The dog is only a puppy five months old and I can see why he'd be attached to it. I asked him who he trusts to look after it and he said only his parents; people that he knows have helped him to grow up and can probably help a puppy develop too. He's had the puppy four months and he got it from Aberdeen and was ecstatic the day he got it. The puppy is valuable because it is a living creature and he feels as if he has allot of responsibility for the animal. The last question was 'why do you have it?'. He stopped for a second and said because he likes dogs.

This interview was quite emotional because I initially thought when we'd be talking about something we treasure it would be some sort of inanimate object but instead it was a pet something i can entirely relate to. Sometimes the person was reluctant or hesitant to answer because he knew this was very personal to him. Some of his answers were laboured because he knew that they were about him and his animal having bonds that only they share.
A scrappy mind map of some of the things I was asking my subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment